The Fort Leavenworth Stables is a FMWR run private boarding facility that consists of two large historic barns conveniently located on Warehouse Road. They offer stalls, paddocks, one outdoor arena, one indoor arena, three pastures and miles of beautifully wooded trails. The stables hosts monthly fun shows, typically June through September. Prices for boarding are extremely competitive with area stables. Those wanting to board their horse at the stables are urged to call ahead to reserve a stall as there is typically a waiting list. There is a ten day quarantine period with quarantine stalls and paddocks available for incoming horses.
Visitors to the stables are welcome Monday - Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and must check in with stables staff prior to walking through the barns. Rental horses and lessons are not available at this time.
Bldg. 277 & 278 W Warehouse Rd.
Fort Leavenworth, KS-66027
Phone: (913) 651-7307
Self care stalls - Single 10'x 10' $85, stall and one-half 10'x15' $105, double 10'x20' $125.
Trailer parking - $15 per month per trailer.
Pasture turnout - $15 per month for 2 horses, additional horses $5 each.
Full board stalls - Single 10x10 $215, stall and one-half 10x15 $245, double 10x20 $275. Full board includes daily stall cleaning, horse turnout, and four flakes of hay per day.
Hay is available, please contact the stables office for pricing. Patrons provide their own grain. The Stables staff feed the horses twice daily.
FLSA Fun Shows:
* Competitors horses are required to have a negative coggins.
* Multiple classes that may include but not be limited to: combination race, egg in spoon, down and back, flag race, barrels, poles, pleasure classes and jumping classes.
* Entry fees are $5 per class or $25 for the day (stables fund raiser).
* Ribbons and prizes will be awarded.
* Timed events (barrels, poles, flag, stake, apple bobbing races, etc...)
* Spectators are welcome and will not be charged.
* EDGE! participants will be encouraged to enter at the end of their 12-week course.