Are you a youth 15-18 years looking for valuable paid work experience? Well, Hired! Program may be the opportunity for you! If you are a student with a GPA of at least 2.0 you may participate in meaningful career exploration opportunities and receive at least $500!
Hired! is a 12 week apprenticeship program which pairs youth with a mentor to better prepare them with the skills needed for a highly competitive job market. Youth will work 15 hours per week at their designated placement site while also completing six trainings in the areas of workforce preparation, secondary education, and financial management. Youth may begin the pre-requisite requirements at 14 years of age, but may not begin the apprenticeship until their 15th birthday. Youth may participate in up to two terms per year for three consecutive years. Please contact the Hired! Coordinator for more information and term schedule!
45 Biddle Ave. (Harrold Youth Center)
Fort Leavenworth, KS-66027
Phone: (913) 684-1735
Application Packets can be picked up at Harrold Youth Center or email HIRED! program.
Time sheets are to be kept up-to-date by the apprentice at the placement site and initialed and signed by the mentor. They should be available for review by the Hired! Coordinator at all times.
1st and 2nd term - $500
3rd and 4th term - $625
5th and 6th term - $750
How do I enroll?
Step 1 - Complete and return an application packet to the Hired! Coordinator.
Step 2 - Ensure that all pre-requisites are met and turned in prior to beginning a hired term.
Pre-Requisites for Participation
* 6 trainings - In areas of workforce preparation, secondary education, and financial management which utilize curriculums such as Job Ready! Career Launch, CLUB Service; 4-H curricula, such as Workforce Readiness; BGCA's Money Matters, or a comparable curriculum approved by the HIRED! Program Coordinator.
* Citizenship documentation - If a U.S. birth certificate cannot be obtained, then an unexpired U.S. Passport, Immigration and Naturalization Service's Certificate of Citizenship, Department of State Form FS-240, or Alien Resident Receipt Card has been provided.
* Copy of social security card and proof of age - Military I.D. Card, unexpired Passport or Driver's License.
* School documentation - Showing a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher.
* Background clearance statement
* Centrally enrolled with Child, Youth and School Services.